Update: Mahalo to everyone for making the first Aloha on Rails a huge success!
Theme Talk Story: Sharing Wisdom and Experience
Register Now Just Opened More Seats!
Low Cost, High Value Investment, Education, Vacation
Where: Marriott Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii
When: October 4-6, 2009
The Aloha on Rails Conference is the premier destination event for Ruby on Rails and Web Development. This unique, intimate three day event (2 day conference and 1 day tutorial) unites the community’s top speakers and talent with motivated and excited attendees for an unforgettable conference in beautiful Hawaii.
- One day Rails tutorial from RailsBridge - Learn Rails!
- Two days of solid content and stories
- Presentations from Chad Fowler, Obie Fernandez, Gregg Pollack, Anthony Eden, Desi McAdam, Jon Crosby, Scott Chacon, Blythe Dunham, Sarah Mei, Charles Nutter, Yehuda Katz, Alan Gates, Jim Weirich, Chris Selmer, Michael Nieling, Chad Pytel, Tammer Saleh, Corey Donohoe, Blake Mizerany, Marty Haught, Jon Larkowski, Pat Maddox, Ezra Zygmuntowicz, Benjamin Sandofsky, Nathaniel Brown, and John Woodell
- Official Pau Hana Party
- Lunches and snacks both days
- Official T-Shirt
- Chance to win prizes
- Plenty of face time with your fellow developers, designers, and engineers
- The beautiful beaches and breathtaking sites of Hawaii
Two full days of advanced, informative, and timely sessions covering Ruby on Rails and the future of web application engineering. The sessions are not simply “blog posts”, but will be full of wisdom, experience, lessons learned, war stories, panel discussions, and most importantly debate. Sessions include Rails 3 API, Intro to Map Reduce, Passionate Programmer, Tour of Engine Yard’s Cloud Architecture, Is Agile Too Slow?, and many more.
New to Rails?
Aloha on Rails embodies the aloha spirit of peace and compassion, and we welcome everyone from all the web development communities. We are offering a full day Ruby on Rails tutorial before the conference, brought to you by RailsBridge. This tutorial session will teach you how to build, test, and deploy a Rails application. If you build for the web, you will find aloha at this conference. The Rails community has much to share and learn from, all are welcome!
Hawaii High School Grant
We are proud to partner with Hawaii Information Consortium, the company that runs eHawaii.gov, to offer a grant to a Hawaii high school student. This grant covers the registration fees for Aloha on Rails, and invites a young programmer to learn Rails and meet the current leaders, innovators, authors, and business owners in the Rails and web development communities. We believe it is important to invest in the next generation of web programmers, and encourage all Hawaii students who are interested in programming to apply for the Hawaii High School Grant to attend Aloha on Rails.
Aloha on Rails is a community driven, not-for-profit conference.